Water and Your Skin – OROGOLD Reviews
There are so many reasons why you should be drinking as much water as you possibly can. Water helps your brain function better, regulates body temperature, keeps your body healthy, refreshes your mind and also maintains your energy levels. Water is essential for the survival and proper functioning of the human body. Most organs need adequate levels of water on a daily basis to work normally. This is why they say that you need to drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water per day. This article from OROGOLD Cosmetics examines the best ways to use water in your skin care routine. ORO GOLD also unravels the various mysteries and myths surrounding water and your skin and shows you how to use water in the best possible manner to give your skin long lasting beauty.
The Use of Rice Water
The next time you think about tossing away that rice water, think again. Rice water is known to be rich in a number of minerals and vitamins and it can works wonder for your skin. Japanese geishas have known about this for centuries, and it’s time that you learn the benefits of rice water as well. All you need to do is pour the excess water from cooking rice, in a glass jar and store it in your refrigerator. Once cool, use it to make your skin look super shiny and crystal clear.
- One of the things that you can do to benefit from rice water is to soak a cotton pad with it and apply it all over your face. Rice is very rich in B complex vitamins which allows it to promote cell growth, stimulate blood flow and slow down the aging process. It also lets helps reduce the appearance of your pores and gives your face a glowing look. On top of this, rice water is rich in UV absorbing properties as well, meaning its helpful with sun protection.
- Another way to use rice water is to apply it to hair after shampooing. Leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse well. The result is bound to make your hair look super shiny and really smooth.
- Rice water is rich in moisturizing and antioxidant properties that ease inflammation, reduce age related spots and give skin a hydrated look.
- Finally, rice water isn’t just great for your face, it is one of the best ingredients for keeping your body beautiful as well. Rice water is very effective against a number of skin conditions and is commonly used as a remedy for rashes. According to a study conducted by Brussels University, patients who suffered from atopic dermatitis saw a 20% improvement after bathing with rice water for 15 minutes on a daily basis.
The Use of Rose Water
Who doesn’t love rose water? Some of the most famous lines penned by William Shakespeare were inspired by rose water. Queen Cleopatra was known to be an ardent believer in rose water. Women all over the world have used it in their beauty routines for centuries. But what is it that makes rose water so unique?
- Rose water is one of the best ingredients for anyone wanting a naturally healthy glow. It also works wonders maintaining the natural pH balance of your skin.
- Rose water is very useful in diminishing under eye puffiness. All you need to do is pop your bottle of rose water into the fridge for about 30 minutes, then apply q bit of it to your under eye area. This will soothe your tender skin and help prevent puffy eyes.
- Rose water can be used to soften dry skin. When you apply rose water to your skin, you will be able to enjoy softening and soothing effect right away.
- Rose water works as a natural makeup remover. Simply apply some rose water to a cotton pad or cotton ball and use it to wipe away your makeup. This is a more gentle alternative to most makeup removers available at stores.
- Rose water can also be used as a toner. Regular use helps prevent issues like lines and wrinkles, give your skin a beautiful glow and reduces the appearance of large pores.
- Rose waters anti-bacterial properties work wonders in fighting acne, eczema and dermatitis.
- Finally, for all around beauty use rose water to calm anxiety and reduce stress levels.
Now that we’ve told you all about rose water and rice water, it is time to talk about another important water related topic: water temperature. Most of us shower on a daily basis and know that showering with very hot water is a no-no for skin, but what is the best temperature? The ideal water temperature for showers is lukewarm. Lukewarm water protects your skin and saves it from losing its moisture. What this essentially means is that the perfect shower temperature is close to 105 degrees Fahrenheit.
Water for Cleansing
Cleansing your face every morning and night is essential to maintain the overall health of your skin. We usually start our cleansing routine by splashing water on your face. But have why is this a good practice? After all, with all the advanced products in our skin care arsenals these days, couldn’t we do without splashing water at all? Well, splashing water on your face isn’t a part of any age-old tradition. It is highly important and vital for effective skin care. Splashing water on your face works to open your pores for the coming cleansing, gets rid of the top layer dirt, grime and makeup from your face and also helps you feel rejuvenated.
Tap Water for Your Skin
The next issue we want to address is using tap water for your skin. If you have a glass shower, you might have noticed the water droplets leave spots behind in their wake. These spots usually appear in the form of a whitish chalky substance. This chalky substance is basically created by the dissolved minerals that are commonly found in hard tap water. If left on the glass for a long period of time, this stain could actually end up sticking to the glass permanently. Something similar happens when you use hard tap water on your skin. So if you’re looking to enjoy glowing, healthy and beautiful looking skin, it is best to avoid using hard tap water on your skin. Since showering with bottled water isn’t possible, the easiest solution is to turn your hard tap water into soft tap water which is much more gentle on skin. To “soften” your water you can install a water softening system in your home that purifies your tap water and removes things like calcium, magnesium and other irritants from it. Magnetic water filters also exist but they are not considered to be as effective as water softeners. For face cleansing, you can use an alcohol free toner after washing your face for the same results.
Drinking Water Shall Never Hydrate Your Skin
Lastly, we would like to discuss the role that water plays in hydrating skin. Contrary to popular opinion, drinking water does not hydrate skin in the same way as moisturizers do. When you drink water, it doesn’t go directly to your skin. Water crosses the intestines, gets absorbed in the blood stream and gets filtered by the kidneys, only then does it hydrate your skin cells. Thus, in terms of skin moisturization, the water you drink falls short. This is why dermatologists, and OROGOLD, stress the importance of moisturizing your skin on a daily basis!